Mrs. Caudill's Classroom Connection

Connecting our classroom with our community

New Format on Blog

January13

There is going to be a change on the blog format.  I have decided that I am going to combine the newsletter and the good news from school into one and list them now as a post.  I haven’t liked that you have to navigate to different pages to read the newsletter and the good news.  By combining them, you’ll be able to catch up on everything as soon as you look at the blog.  I’m hoping that it will also save a little bit of time for both you and me!

Yesterday we started learning about positive and negative integers (numbers).  Today we also talked about comparing positive and negative numbers using a number line.  The students worked on lessons on Study Island and then they were able to practice with integers and squares/square roots with games on the computer (see Number Sense on the blogroll).

We have a new student in Mrs. Cartee’s homeroom.  I’d like to welcome Tyler Bristol and his family to the Laurelville family.  Tyler has been a great addition to Mrs. Cartee’s class and I have enjoyed his quick responses in Math class.  I believe he also has a brother in the fourth grade.  Again, welcome to Laurelville, Tyler!  We are glad to have you!   I think you’ll discover that Laurelville is one of the best places to be!

by posted under misc. | 2 Comments »    
2 Comments to

“New Format on Blog”

1. January 20th, 2009 at 11:04 am       cierra Says:

I think that this is really cool! The blog looks great! I think I am going to come to the blog more often.

2. February 6th, 2009 at 10:23 am       Hannah Hopkins Says:

I like the little smiley face and the other pictures besides

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Welcome to my blog!  I teach 7th grade Language Arts at McDowell Exchange School in the Logan Elm School district. I previously taught 5th grade at Laurelville Elementary (in the same district)-math for the last three years and language arts prior to that.

My hope is that this blog serves as a sort of newsletter for our class, keeping parents and students informed of class news and assignments for our Language Arts Class.  I also intend for it to be a place where students can share their writing and their thoughts on books that they are reading.

In March 2009, my blog was showcased by Sue Walters on The Edublogger site.  As a result, this blog has had visitors from all around the world.  It has been so exciting to see new dots appear on my clustr map! (see the clustr map below as of 9/24/09)  Thanks again, Sue!

Thanks for checking in. I would love to hear from you, so feel free to leave a comment and please visit again!

Mrs. Caudillclustrmap

Archives