January 21

About

Welcome to my blog!  I currently teach 7th grade Language Arts at McDowell Exchange School in the Logan Elm School district.  In my 26 years of teaching, I have taught at the Kindergarten level, as well as 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grades.

In March 2009, my blog was showcased by Sue Waters on The Edublogger site.  As a result, this blog has had visitors from all around the world.  It has been so exciting to see new dots appear on my clustr map! (see the clustr map below as of 9/24/09)  Thanks again, Sue!

Thanks for checking in. I would love to hear from you, so feel free to leave a comment and please visit again!

Mrs. Caudillclustrmap

8 thoughts on “About

1. Mrs T

Hello Mrs Caudill,
    I am relatively new to blogging, having started late 2008 and I have been viewing many class blogs over recent weeks. I have a year 5 class in a small school in the Dandenong Ranges in Australia. Your blog is wonderful and has such a wide variety of sites available for your students! You have certainly given me some ideas. Thank you.
    🙂 Mrs Taurua

2. millwardb

Hi Mrs Caudill,

Thanks for availing your blog for viewing. You have done a wonderful job. I am new at this and it is certainly providing me with some wonderful ideas for setting up my own class blog. I teach a grade 7/8 class in London, Ontario Canada.

3. Mrs. Caudill (Post author)

Hi Susan!
    Glad you liked the blog. I’ll admit, I haven’t done anything with it all summer… 🙂

I’m glad you took the time to comment. Check back in anytime!

4. Mrs. Caudill (Post author)

Thanks! I’m not sure how to “technically” tell you how to follow the blog (not sure about an RSS feed?) other than to tell you to bookmark it. Please check in any time and feel free to have your students check in and comment!

5. Pingback: Chloe's Crazy Cave » Blog Archive » McDowell……

6. Walter Rodriguez

Dear Mrs. Caudill,

My name is Walter Rodriguez, I’m a Marketing Manager here at Pearson preK-12 Education. The reason I’m writing you is because I’m looking to curate a small group of really passionate teachers/educators who are accustomed to blogging about their teaching experiences to write blog articles for us on a range of topics. I thought it would be really cool since you are already an active blogger to have you chronicle your thoughts/experience on our forthcoming teacher spotlight blog. The scope of the writing would be around 1-2 articles per month (or more if you are willing) with each article being 200-300 words and we have a budget to pay you between $80-$100.00 dollars per article. You could send me the article in word or via email and then we’d take care of publishing the content to our educator spotlight blog. It would be a bonus if you already happen to use any Pearson published products in your classroom (let me know if you do) but it’s not a requirement for us. We just want to get your viewpoint out there to lots of other educators across the U.S and beyond.

Let me know if you are interested and perhaps we could pull up to chat on the phone about it more.
    Please copy my personal email in your response in case my company email filters out your response: walterguitar@hotmail.com

Sincerely,

-Walter Rodriguez

Walter Rodriguez
    Manager, Alternate Markets
    US Learning Services
    Direct to Consumer (e.g. Homeschool, Teachers)
    Pearson