February 4

Do you know your properties?

Oops, I just found that I typed this post and never published it!  Better late than never?

Jan. 14-We started the class period today working on an extended response question for our Daily Math Review.  We reviewed the parts of an angle.  The students were also introduced to some different number properties today.  I used some BrainPop videos to teach the students the terms Commutative, Associative, Distributive and Identity properties of numbers.  They quickly found out that these are just new terms to math that they have been working on since they started school.  I also challenged them a little and introduced some Algebra to them.  We will be working on number properties again tomorrow.

I gave the students a printed engrade report today.  I apologize again for you not being able to see up-to-date reports.  We realize engrade has been a problem and are already discussing other options for next year.  In the meantime, I will periodically let students know their math grade, and hopefully engrade will improve their system.

Posted February 4, 2009 by Mrs. Caudill in category misc.