February 25

What a day!

Whew!  I am exhausted today.  It’s amazing to me that the STUDENTS have been taking achievement tests all morning (and some finishing in the afternoon 🙂 ) and I am the one who is exhausted.  I know it can’t possibly be due to the age difference 😉 so it must be due to the fact that I have spent each morning working on getting students caught up on make-up work!  We have had so many students absent a day here, a day there, that I decided that we would take yesterday and today to give those students time to get caught up.

Students, please remember that IF you are absent, you ARE missing something.  In addition to any worksheets that may be given, you may be missing notes that we have taken in our Math notebooks, Coach pages that we have worked on together, Study Island lessons or Daily Math Review problems.   These things don’t show up on engrade, so you need to make sure that you check with me on any of these so that you can get completely caught up.

On a brighter note, our fifth graders have been working hard on the World Maths Day practice!    Jacob Allison is leading the way.  He has correctly answered 2881 questions already!  Many students have reached the 600 club.  They are:  Hannah Hopkins, Eric Deluse, Karly Hart, Tyler Bristol, Kaytlyn Banks, Shawn Winland, Josh Johnson, Jacob Parker, Ian Lear and Dalton Phillips.  Keep practicing so that we may be a part of this world-wide event next week!

Tags: ,

Posted February 25, 2009 by Mrs. Caudill in category misc.