April 27

Spring!

Teachers and students are getting restless.   Testing is nearly over. The sun is shining.  Trees are beginning to sprout leaves.  Lawn mowers are gassed up and put to use. Mushrooms are being hunted.  Baseball bats are swinging.  The temperature, both outside and in the building, is on the rise.  And flowers are in bloom.   Yeah!  SPRING IS HERE!

Thanks to Andrew Sowers, who brought me a beautiful purple iris this morning for the reminder that spring is really here.  Through all of the preparation and anticipation of the testing, the signs of spring often get overlooked (at least for me).  And a simple flower was just what I needed to remind myself to put all of this testing back in its proper  perspective.  No matter the outcome of the tests, the sun will still rise in the morning, the seasons will continue to change, flowers will continue to bloom in the spring, and children will continue to give their teachers a token of their kind hearts and remind teachers of what they love about teaching.

Enjoy this beautiful weather!

Tags: ,

Posted April 27, 2009 by Mrs. Caudill in category misc.

2 thoughts on “Spring!

1. Hannah Hopkins

I can not believe that there are only 23 more days of school. I’m happy and sad. I’m sad because I will miss everyone and I’m happy that we will be out of school soon!