August 26

A Great Start!

luvskoolWe had a terrific first day of fifth grade (at least the teachers think so)!  As usual the first day is a lot of figuring out what to do and when to do it, and where to put all that stuff.  Most of the students came with all of the supplies they need, and some with extra!  Thank you for making sure that your child has all that he/she needs for the school year!

In math class today, I wanted to focus on getting to know each other a little better.  We did an M & M activity where the students had to tell some things about themselves based on how many M & Ms they chose.  Those who chose more M & Ms had to tell more about themselves!  I learned that I have a lot of students who love chocolate!  🙂  We also did a math activity-What’s My Number?-where students had to figure out their number by asking their classmates yes or no questions.  Two of the classes were also able to start reviewing their facts by playing “Bonk the Moles” on the computer.  Other than it getting pretty warm by afternoon, it was an overall great day!

Posted August 26, 2009 by Mrs. Caudill in category misc.