Show Respect

standing veteranMany of you will be attending the Circleville Pumpkin Show this week.  You will be enjoying a lot of great food, having fun riding the rides and enjoying watching the parades (the pet parade is my favorite!). 

I wanted to remind all of you of the proper behavior you should exhibit when the parade is coming near.  As the Honor Guard leads the parade, it is proper behavior for those who are able to STAND as the American flag nears and to remain standing until it passes by you.  By standing,  you are showing respect  for our country and more importantly, for the men and women who have selflessly served our country and those who are currently serving our country around the world.

My father is a 20-year Air Force veteran who served two tours in Vietnam and also the Korean War.  I have much respect for him and all of our veterans who have sacrificed for our country.  It saddens me when I see so many people who attend the parades and do not know (or do not care) what behavior should be shown as our American flag passes by.  So please, remember to stand and to tell others around you.  Sometimes it just takes one person to take a  stand and others will follow your lead!

print

6 comments

• I am going to the pumpkin show with Andrew.

• I am going to the pumpkin show with Andrew and ride all the rides about TEN times each!

• Thank you mrs.Caudill now that you showed me that picture on your blog I’ll stand up every year at pumpkin show thank you.

• Jared, thank YOU!

• some people don’t know to stand up when the flag goes by .
    i hope that more people know to stand up when the flag goes by

• Me and my friend Myles had so much fun at the pumpkin show.Even though we didnt get to ride any thing we still had fun.When we watched the parade Thursday night we stood up when the honor gaurd went by.The funny thing was when the other bands went by we shouted boo to you go logan elm just to embaress our selves:)!(No one payed any attention to us though).We decided that our favorite band was the “It Band”.Icant wait till pumpkin show comes around again next year.I just hope that next year I’ll find Myles instead of riding bumper cars and musical express twenty four seven.I really enjoyed the pumpkin show!