January 7

Holidays This Month

PlushDesignStudio / Pixabay

There are many holidays in this world. Some are even happening this month. These include January 19th is World Religion Day, January 26th is International Customs Day, January 27th is International Day of Commemoration in Memory of the Victims of the Holocaust. In this post I will summarize what these holidays are about.

January 19th – World Religion Day

This holiday is about celebrating the role of religion in society. Many people celebrate this holiday by gathering with multiple groups of faith. I, for one have never heard of this holiday until now. I like the idea of celebrating faith. This is because this holiday lets you believe in your own faith.

January 26th – International Customs Day

International Customs Day has different themes every year. This years theme is working toward a sustainable future. The slogan for it is: “Customs fostering Sustainability for People, Prosperity and the Planet.”. I enjoy the idea of changing the themes every year. I think that makes the holiday more exciting.

January 27th – International Day of Commemoration in Memory of the Victims of the Holocaust

This holiday in particular, is very special. In my opinion at least. The meaning behind it is the name of the holiday itself. It is about commemorating the memory of victims from the Holocaust from the 1940’s. If you don’t know what the Holocaust was, I’ll explain it to you. The Holocaust happened during WWll at a German Internment Camp. Nazis would kill Jews because they thought that they were not worthy. I won’t go into details because children will probably be reading this.

In conclusion, there are many great holidays coming up this month. My personal favorite out of the three is International Day of Commemoration in Memory of the Victims of the Holocaust. This is because I believe that it was such a horrific time that it deserves to be remembered so that it doesn’t happen again. Be sure to watch out for these holidays this month!

print

Posted January 7, 2020 by Mrs. Caudill in category misc., Student Showcase